Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ...y se encamino hacia el destierro.

  1. #1
    Dano
    Guest Dano's Avatar

    Lightbulb

    The builder is contacted
    Mangement wants to see him
    Legalese and misdirection abound
    Thinly veiled hints and threats
    He know's his time is over before they even dismiss him
    "One last thing, security will escort you out."

    He works very hard at not meeting the gazes of the others
    The climbers, the profiteers
    The Januses, the Judases
    The cowards

    The liars

    "I saw him do..."
    "He said to me..."
    "You know he likes to..."

    Given almost enough time to gather his things
    Allowed to say goodbye to the True
    Walked to the front door
    Told not to return

    He's walking away and thinks
    I helped build you. This is my home. And you know I've done nothing. In the end, I suppose you'll reap the whirlwind. Good luck to you.


    ------------------
    Raise Love / Om Namaha Shivaya / All Stories Are True / My goal's Beyond

    "We're lonely and isolated. We live in hairless bodies without exoskeletons - so fragile even thoughts can hurt us." -- Chilimuffin

    In some far off place / Many light years in space / I'll build a world of abstract dreams / And wait for you -- Sun Ra

    "As long as space remains, as long as sentient beings remain, I too shall remain and work to dispell the miseries of the world. -- The Dalai Lama

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member La Luna Unita's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2001
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really like the cadence and the pace of this piece. I don't know who it's about, but I identified the protagonist as Jesus, probably just because I'm a strong Christian (and the Judas mention didn't hurt).

    I thought it interesting that the protagonist didn't seem to have any real anger, but more just a resignation to his fate, even though the other people sound like jerks.

    I liked "Allowed to say goodbye to the True"
    No idea what it meant.

    ------------------
    I do remember one thing. It took hours and hours, and by the time I was done with it, I was so involved I didn't know what to think. I carried it around with me for days and days, playing little games. Like not looking at it for a whole day, and then looking at it. To see if I still liked it. I did. -"Indiscipline" (if you can't guess the band, then you're not paying attention)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •